Salmon Bay Athletics
Salmon Bay K-8 has a 6th – 8th grade Athletics Program. We operate on ano-cuts policy! All student athletes are welcome to join the fun.
Here’s a list of the sports typically offered during school year. Each coach will provide a team roster and a schedule of the games as soon as they are available. We do not hold practices on Professional Development days or on Wednesdays (school staff meeting days).
Sport Teams include:
Fall: Girls Soccer, Co-ed ultimate
Winter: Boys/Girls Basketball
Spring: Girls Volleyball, Co-ed Track, Boys Soccer, Non-district League Ultimate Frisbee
Middle school sports are a great way to meet new friends, learn skills and techniques and learn how to participate on a team. Even if you have not ever played a sport, this is a wonderful opportunity to try a new activity.
While we do like to win our games, Salmon Bay School’s sports teams are based on the philosophy of having fun, learning how to improve as a player and a team member, and learning how competitive sports work.
We work as a school to help students take risks as athletes and enjoy the benefits of personal and team accomplishment.
Athletic Registration & Requirements
Middle School Athlete Forms
Use the following guide to register your student for athletic programming. Once complete, these forms should be forwarded to the school where your student is participating.
Student Athletic Forms
Step 1: Athletic Registration Forms
Print, complete and return forms to school. Please note, high school and K-8/middle school students complete the same form.
Student Athletic Registration Forms
- Registration forms are valid for one school year only
Step 2: Physical Exam Form
Student-Athlete Medical Forms
- The HISTORY document (Page 1) should be completed and remain with your provider
- The EXAM document (Page 2) should be completed and remain with your provider
- The MEDICAL ELIGIBILITY document (Page 3) should be the only item submitted to your school
- Physicals are valid for 24 consecutive months
Step 3: Program Guardian Release & Warning Forms
All forms are required.
- Athletic Participation COVID Waiver
- Rapid Antigen Testing Consent Form
Step 4: Sport-Specific Guardian Release & Warning Forms
For each school year, one form is required for each sport student will participate.
- Basketball – Guardian Release & Warning Forms
- Soccer – Guardian Release & Warning Forms
- Track & Field – Guardian Release & Warning Forms
- Ultimate Frisbee – Guardian Release & Warning Forms
- Volleybal – Guardian Release & Warning Forms
Step 5: Guardian Awareness Forms
Print, complete and return forms to school.
- Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Form
- Extracurricular Athletic Transportation Form
- Media Release for Publication Form
- Spectator Code of Conduct Form
- Weight Room Consent Form
Additional District Resources and Forms
Student Athletic Handbook
Enrollment/Cross-Enrollment – Athletics Only
This checklist is for students who wish to participate with their neighborhood school’s athletic programs but are either not enrolled within the district OR who current district students needing to be cross-enrolled from their alternative high school. If any questions about the checklist, please contact the athletic school where your student would be participating.
Seattle Public Schools makes available a student accident insurance program that can be tailored to your family’s needs. To learn more about available plans/enrollment or to ask additional questions, visit the District’s Risk Management Department link below.
Student Participation Fees: “Pay to Play” fees have been discontinued. Check with your school for any other additional fees.